Now that it’s 2018, let’s talk about your New Year’s resolutions.
Very specifically, we’re talking New Year’s resolutions like: “2018 is the year I will learn beauty and makeup techniques galore.”
(We told you it’d be specific.)
Okay, maybe you didn’t have any resolutions quite like that.
Still – if you want to kick off this new year with a bang, why not introduce some new #beautyresolutions to your daily routine?
What sort of beauty resolutions?
How about these – for starters:
- Make it a habit to wipe your makeup off every night before bed – no exceptions (last time we checked, New Year’s resolutions don’t get exceptions, after all). Trust us when we say that we get it – it’s not always easy to find the time and energy to remove your makeup at the end of an exhausting day that never seems to end. But, it gets easier when you’ve made into a habit, and doing so will preserve the good, glowing health of your skin.
- When you’re taking a shower – turn off the water for a good minute as you lather your hair in shampoo and scrub your body with your favourite body wash. Why? Turns out, a lot of us keep the water running as we perform our lathering rituals – which means many of the active ingredients in our shampoos and soaps are washed away before they have time to deeply cleanse your hair and skin. But do this consistently (turning off the water), and in no time at all you may notice your skin and hair looking more radiant.
- Want shinier nails and lusher hair? Try drinking more green tea. Green tea has garnered a well-deserved reputation for its various health benefits – and its potent health-boosting effects extend to your nails and hair. Because green tea is a rich source of polyphenols – antioxidants which protect your body’s health in more ways than one – it is able to add greater luster to your nails and hair.
- Exfoliate your body with an all-natural exfoliator once every 14 days or so. That’ll remove dead skin cells and dirt particles, and it rejuvenates your skin health by enhancing blood circulation – giving you a beautiful complexion (and also making you feel revitalized).
- Ditch the cosmetics that are loaded with synthetic chemicals. Such chemicals – like formaldehyde and parabens – are terrible for your skin, as they accelerate the aging process. Instead, start making the switch to makeup formulations that are completely natural and organic (you can browse True Glue’s available collection of all-natural makeup by going here).